Anniversary

Saturday, March 10, 2012

P90X Day 9: Plyometrics

Oh gosh, it's plyometrics day. Seriously, if you're just sitting on a couch watching people squat and jump, you think oh, that looks easy! Wrong. Jump training is difficult. I was proud of myself for being able to make it through a good 90% of the workout today rather than the 70% I did on day 2. I was able to do more squatting and jumping than before and with more ease. Maybe I was just better rested than before and knew what was coming. 


My pulse was high, I was sweaty, and breathing very hard! 


I'm actually crazy enough to consider doing Cardio X (which can actually substitute for Plyometrics if you aren't ready) tonight. Maybe not, but I love how I feel once a workout is finished. 


I'm already thinking about other things I can do once P90X is over. I absolutely plan on repeating the program over and over to keep up with muscle tone, but I would also like to add in other programs and possibly make up my own routines by mixing two. I've particularly heard a lot of good things about Insanity, which seems to be very much based of cardiovascular health and requires no equipment. That's next on my shopping list (except for a house and plenty of decorations that come along with it).



No comments:

Post a Comment