Anniversary

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Graduation






I am now an alumnus of UAB. I just can't believe it. Reality is slowing setting it that I will no longer see the same nursing students in my class every week like I have for the past two years. I'm exciting about starting my new job. Not so excited about studying for and taking the NCLEX. Pretty thrilled that the wedding is 2 months and 1 day away. And, as of yesterday, Deavin and I have been engaged for 1 year and six months. It's crazy that it has been that long!

Friday, May 6th was the senior recognition ceremony. I was very nervous and sweaty, though I have no idea why. My parents, Deavin, and Ryan were my honored guests, with a surprise appearance by Elizabeth and her boyfriend, Ben. We celebrated with the grease of Bob Sykes barbecue and fries.

Saturday, May 7th was graduation day. My ceremony was at 2 PM. The graduates were all hoarded in George C. Wallace gymnasium for an hour before the ceremony. (Side note: I love how the gym is named after Wallace - ha). Once again, I was very sweaty, but this time I was not the only one. The ceremony lasted less than 2 hours and I didn't even trip across the stage as I feared. My lovely honored guests at the graduation were my parents, my grandparents, Deavin, David, Ryan, Mike, and Bradly. We had an after party (because anywhere I go is a party) at my parents' house with them, my grandparents, Linda, Holly, Cody, David, Ryan and Deavin. Why am I writing down everyone's name, you're asking yourself? Well, because I may forget who was where. And it's not something I want to forget.

Waking up the morning after graduation at 5:10 AM to get ready for work was...slightly difficult. Possibly more difficult than being quiet enough for Ryan not to hear me walking around the house. Ha! I have one more weekend as a CA at Children's Hospital.

So anyhow. I'm looking forward to the Couples Shower this coming weekend at Whitney & Michael's house. I'm just hoping it's more than just me, Deavin, Whitney, Michael, and Ryan sitting around and staring at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment