Anniversary

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another auld lang syne

It's December 31, 2009 and the time has come to recap the major events that happened during the year. What a year it has been. I can only hope that 2010 can be just as good as 2009, but hopefully it will be even better!

2009 began with the birth of David & Carrie's third child/my first nephew, Andrew. Deavin portrayed Jesus for Canaan's Easter drama and my God, what a beautiful Jesus he was. Deavin and I went to the beach with Daniel & his then-girlfriend, Amanda. We parasailed :) , made 5 AM Walmart trips, fell asleep on the beach, and listened to a brawl in the next room while laying on bunk beds in a hallway. We went to the Crawfish Boil and saw Everclear, Katy Perry, and All American Rejects. It was at the Crawfish Boil that we also got second hand molested on a ferris wheel with another couple. We went to City Stages and saw 38 Special, Styx, Doobie Brothers, REO Speedwagon, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Deavin, Ryan, Chad, and I made a trip to Six Flags - my first trip there since I was about 7. Daniel ran over Tigger, who had to have jaw surgery and looked absolutely pathetic for a few weeks. We floated down the Cahaba twice during the summer. I stopped going to PGUMC and started visiting Canaan. I visited Pleasant Hill for a few months during the summer. We put coffee in our hair to make it darker and mayonnaise in our hair to make it softer. We went to a Yankees-Braves games at Turner Field the same day that Michael Jackson died. I started the hell that is known as nursing school, and somehow survived my first semester with successful grades. The Yankees won the world series. Deavin proposed to me on November 7 at the University of Alabama's campus, the day of the Alabama-LSU game. I still stare at the ring constantly, and he somehow makes me love him more with each passing day. We spent the night of Thanksgiving camping outside of Best Buy in Hoover to buy new laptops, nearly freezing to death, but it was worth it. Alabama is the SEC champs and national champs of 2009.



No comments:

Post a Comment