Anniversary

Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm my dreams I'm Christmas-ing with you

I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas!


This year was a little different. A lot. I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas day, which was a huge bummer. I thought I was mentally prepared for it since we had our "Christmas" two weeks before in Disney World. Well, I was wrong. I was super depressed. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I absolutely love the cheer and emotion that comes with the season. I love seeing the look on others' faces as they unwrap an unexpected gift from you, that look of confusion yet pure joy that you would even think of getting them something. I love the family time that comes with holidays, and all of the hilarious conversations that ensue at gatherings. Needless to say, my sinful, selfish, human nature left me feeling angry that I wasn't able to spend these very important days with family. Instead, I was at a hospital for twelve and a half hours straight. Holding my pee. I realized my attitude wasn't Christ-like, but I know that God was using me at work this year for some reason that's beyond my understanding. All I know is that I was there to make a difference in someone's life this Christmas. Hopefully I did in at least some small way.



After work, I drove through the rain (we had storms throughout Christmas day) to my parents' house to eat and meet up with them, Daniel, and Deavin. We exchanged gifts and I was able to really enjoy Christmas night. It was also priceless to watch my parents open our gift to them, an iPad. I've never been able to purchase anything truly "nice" for my parents, and I wanted this year to be different. They were obviously very surprised. 



We racked up on quite a few gift cards, including Sumo (yay!!), Logan's, Academy Sports, Sephora (yay again! I get the eye shadow I've been drooling over), and Sears. Unnecessary money came from Granny & Papa, of course. My parents gave me a Jim Shore Minnie Mouse nurse figurine:


I love Jim Shore's Disney figurines! This was my dad's idea, too.

I also got a new Under Armour workout top from mom. I can't believe my parents still got us a few gifts considering our gift this year was our trip to Disney World. Ahem, I'm planning 2013's Disney trip in my head. ;)

Deavin gave me a few Disney DVDs, Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, and a Chi hair straightener. 




No comments:

Post a Comment