Anniversary

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wedding Week

My cousins' children: Mason (Wendy's), Logan (Christi's), Jackson (Wendy's), and Ashlynn (Amy's). There are more children, but Lord knows where they were at this time.

Aunt Linda, Amy, and Brooke while we were at the rehearsal and dinner

The set up. Nothing like a wedding family reunion with an Alabama tent and blow up swimming pool in the middle of an Alabama July.

Pretty wedding wreaths on my parents' front doors that Aunt Linda made.

I worked Sunday, Monday, Tuesday the week of the wedding. Talk about being anxious. Three 12 hour days in a row leading up to the wedding was driving me crazy. Thankfully I work with a lot of girls in their 20s who completely understand pre-wedding angst, and they loved to talk to me about everything.

Aunt Linda came in to town on Tuesday afternoon, followed by Aunt Janice on Wednesday, Amy, Wendy, and their children on Thursday, David & company on Friday, Matt and Amanda on Friday, and Uncle Bob late Friday evening.

It's hilarious to have my mother, Aunt Linda, and Aunt Janice in the same place for several days together. They're so different and their interactions with one another are hilarious, especially when they haven't seen each other in a while. It was fun, frustrating, and bittersweet all at the same time.

While we were at the rehearsal, my family (mom's side) stayed at my parents' house and ate/hung out.

No comments:

Post a Comment