Anniversary

Monday, December 6, 2010

I never thought I'd say this



I am sad to see my adult health clinical be over (with the exception of the 3:45 A.M. wake-up). I really enjoyed this group of people. We were always laughing about something, whether it was Jon's antics with giving all of his patient's baths or when I overflowed the toilet. It was a really great clinical!
A few things I want to write down so I can look back one day and laugh:
Lauren S. always had blood sugar problems. It was ever 12 or 400 - no in between! Jon loved making all his patients look "fresh" so he spent a lot of his days bathing and washing hair, then walking his patients up and down the hall to show them off to everybody. Evan was ever-so-loved by Ms. Pat, the PCT. She affectionately called him "Red" and he was her favorite, though she loved all of us undoubtedly. When we got bored we would make laps around the unit and pretend to be doing important tasks. Jenny was quite sneaky and managed to never have to deal with a patient with a trach (and when I say "deal with" I don't mean that in a negative way towards those with trachs. She just did not want to suction out a trachea, and that is pretty understandable). Alley, the "local expert on piggybacks", always had a breast cancer patient. I always said she was the lucky one, because most of my patients had prostate issues! Amy and Lauren were constantly in their patients' rooms, because they were the really, really sweet/nice people out of the group, haha. Mrs. P loved to tell us about her great dane, tell stories about red robins in hats, and had the funniest expressions for just about every thing. We had several good nurses and a overflow of bad/mean ones, but we always made the best of the day. And, of course, we cannot forget our two week trip to the neuro ICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment