Anniversary

Monday, May 3, 2010

Check your ring size, and check it often.



Having a ring re-sized: an irritating task that many of us have to deal with at some point in our lives. This is not fun, especially when you are unsure of your correct ring size. And this handy little standardized ring-sizer key chain-esque thing pictured above isn't exactly helpful. You try on one of the sizes and the weight of the other rings pulls down on the one that is on your finger. This makes you think that the ring is smaller than it actually is. Bethany's mistake #1. Try on several different sizes before blurting out which one you think you need. Am I a 5.5? No. I found this out the hard way, after paying $70 for a ring sizing and tightening diamonds on the band. I was sans engagement ring for 12 days, which felt like an eternity. Fortunately, my most gracious fiance is having it resized again to the correct size for my finger. Unfortunately, I will go another week to two weeks bearing nothing on my left hand. This makes me sad, but I know I will be so happy when it comes back, fitting perfectly and looking as shiny as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment